Another finished pair !

 I have officially made my very first pair of knitted handspun socks!!!  I am so excited and it is truly satisfying to be able to spin, ply and knit socks from my very own handspun.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I spun the yarn I used two years ago and I have no idea why I waited so long to use it for socks, but I did.  I really like how this pair fits, especially the heel,  as well as the length.  I was quite skeptical about knitting with my Targhee, but soon after I started knitting with it, I found it to be quite soft. The stitches seemed to show more definition too after my socks were given a little bath in Euclulan wash.

Sock details:

I casted on 56 stitches and divided the stitches over two size US 2 16” circular needles (28 stitches on each needle).  The cuff was worked in a K2, P2 rib for 1” and the I knitted one round before starting the short row heel.  

The stitch pattern used was a simple broken rib:

Round 1 -2 = * k1, p2, k2; repeat from * ending with a k1 

Round 3 -4 = knit

I worked the pattern over 14 stitch repeats ending with one knit round only.  From the heel to this last row, my foot measured 7 1/2”.  

The toe was decreased to 24 stitches (12 stitches on each needle) and then grafted using the Kitchener stitch.

This is the second finished pair of socks for August, which makes me quite happy.  Now I will be able to cast on my Porch Light Socks , and maybe even cast on Brambleberries by This Handmade Life.

Until next time, be creative!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s