An Experiment That Worked!

So on Saturday’s blog post I shared that I was spinning a sampler set in the Signature Blend from Abundant Earth Fiber. The set is 50 grams but I only spun seven out of the 10 colors, which was about 35 grams, or about 1.25 ounces.  My intention was simply to try out my Ashford Traveller but as I began spinning I decided it would be fun to create a striped yarn.

I decided to chain ply and ended up with 65 yards of sport weight.  While chain plying,  I learned that if I did a short chain at the end of each color, I wouldn’t create too much barber poling.  

I truly love how this turned out and hope to use this skein with the other finished skeins I already have in my stash to create something fun!

Until next time, be creative!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s