I’m finished with a pair of socks that I started back in November, yikes that long ago!! My problem seems to be a lack of interest in sock knitting. Not sure what happened but I really just didn’t feel like finishing mates to socks I started. I think I had a little loss of sock knitting mojo but my mojo seems to be back and I’m on a roll!!
I just finished the mate to my Vanilla Socks and I really love the 100% merino fingering I used, a beautiful yarn by Schoppel-Wolle called Ambiente. The first sock only left me with a few yards of yarn left, so I am quite pleased not to have a lot left over. Each skein is 170 yards and is a sport weight yarn. These will be perfect bed socks!!!
For 2019, Olivia of thishandmadelife and I are hosting a Miss Marple KAL! There are 12 sock patterns in total, that combine to make a perfect Miss Marple box of socks! To participate, you can knit one pair, several, or go for all 12! Here are the Rules:
- This is a year-long KAL, starting January 1st, 2019 and ending December 31st, 2019.
- To participate, knit any pair of Miss Marple socks designed by us! WIPs count!
- To enter to win a prize, post a photo of your finished pair (by either designer in the FO thread.
- Prizes will be drawn quarterly, with a grand prize at the end of the KAL!
- Participation in the KAL will mostly take place on Instagram. Use the hashtag #missmarpleknits on your posts so other participants can find you easily! You can also chat here in the Chatter Thread and show off your WIPs!
You can get the full collection for $15 by using the coupon code MISSMARPLE15 or get a special discount on all individual patterns with the code MISSMARPLE20 for 20% off.
Damson Gin socks
Little Paddocks socks
Tea at Bertram’s socks
Poison Pen socks
Scones with Florence socks
Per Instagram Post by Olive: The socks are all 20% off with missmarple20
You can follow Oliva on Instagram at thishandmadelife
Since I’m a huge Miss Marple fan, I purchased all patterns by both designers and will be joining in this sock knitting KAL ASAP! I plan to match my stash yarn to pattern this weekend and can’t wait to cast on. The hard part is deciding which pattern to cast on first!!!
Until next time ~ be creative!