From the back cover: Whether you’re a beginner who has never picked up a hook before or an experienced stitcher looking to advance to the next level, this comprehensive book will become your ultimate reference for crochet. It’s like having crochet experts Shannon & Jason Mullett-Bowlsby right there with you every step of the way. They lead you through the essential skills and techniques you need to know and provide fabulous, stylish garments and accessory projects that apply the concepts and principles you’ve learned. Filled with step-by-step photography throughout for an easy-to-follow and fully visual experience, this book is your go-to source for everything crochet.
For those of you who know me well, you know that I’m an avid knitter and knitting always is first in
my crafting life. However, I do love crochet just as much and at times equally.
So today I am sharing a fantastic book that came out earlier this year called, Complete Crochet Course: The Ultimate Reference Guide by Shannon & Jason Mullett-Bowlsby. This 336 page book is by far (in my humble opinion) the best guide on the market to teach you how to crochet and to help brush up on your crochet.
What do I love most about this book ? The photography hands down. Each page offers the reader not only gorgeous photos, but well thought out step-by-step photos an easy to follow visual learning experience. I also love how it is written, especially on more advanced techniques and terms. It’s almost as if the authors are sitting next to you teaching you one-on-one.
Inside you’ll find …..
- Before You Stitch – This chapter has 59 pages covering tools, hooks, how to pick up and hook yarn, pattern reading, chart reading and swatching.
- Making Stitches – This chapter has 69 pages covering your first stitches made, first stitches of a row, foundation stitches, variations of stitches, shaping and variation fo increasing and decreasing stitches.
- Beyond the Basics – This chapter has 43 pages covering motifs, cables, colorwork and pattern stitches.
- Finishing – This chapter has 29 pages covering blocking, special techniques, before you sew, seams and joins, buttonholes and zippers.
- The Projects– This chapter has five projects that include My First Cardi, a Colorwork Throw, a Rectangle Wrap Vest, Signature Vests and a Drape Front Cardigan. (click on each to be lead to Ravelry for each design).
- Resources – This chapter has 15 pages of resources that include worksheets, charts and guides, stitch chart symbols master key and material resources.